Neurosurgeon Dr. Jack Moriarity joins us to discuss a common, but misunderstood condition called Sciatica.
Sciatica is a condition that can affect up to 40% of the population at some time during their lifetime. Essentially, it is an irritation of the sciatic nerve that can manifest itself in a number of different ways from the lower back and through the legs. As it is such a common condition, we asked NewSouth NeuroSpine neurosurgeon, Dr. Jack Moriarity to educate us on this condition that can become extremely painful and debilitating.
Topics from the Interview with Dr. Jack Moriarity:
- How to Distinguish Between a Problem with the Sciatic Nerve and Sciatica
- What is Sciatica?
- Common Causes of Sciatica
- Should All Pain in the Nerve Require Surgery?
- In What Actions and Sports Do We See Sciatica Pain Arise?
- Treatment Options for Sciatica